About the OTL Qualification
The only nationally recognised Trainer Performance Observation Qualification in the UK. This is a rigorous level 4 endorsed qualification backed by a government licensed awarding body.
The qualification can be achieved in one of three ways:
- through ‘blended learning’ (e-learning modules and webinars)
- via the Accelerated 5 consecutive day (traditional learning model) course.
- via the in-house Extended Course (traditional learning model) 5 individual days spread over 2 months.
For details of each type of course see the menu on the right.
- Achievement of the qualification and completion of the training linked to it will:
- improve observer confidence and skills resulting in more accurate observations which provide management with a clear picture of the quality of learning delivery
- increase trainer CPD effectiveness because observation will result in better targeted CPD, which should improve the quality of the learning experience for staff
- improve trainer perception of the credibility of observers which should:
- build trainer confidence in, and engagement with, the observation process
- lead to greater trainer personal motivation to improve the quality of trainer performance
- increase staff satisfaction with learning delivery
- reduce the likelihood of losing valued trainers as a result of poor observations, and incurring all the costs associated with that..
- Achievement of this qualification will help organisations:
- improve trainer performance and the staff productivity that results from good training
- improve effectiveness and consistency of trainer observation practice
- improve quality assurance of external / freelance trainers
- improve trainer engagement with the observation process.
This endorsed observation qualification has been designed by people who have been delivering observation training for over 10 years, and who remain observation practitioners. The principles and practice taught have been implemented in a wide range of organisations. When these organisations have been inspected, observation practice has been judged to be good or outstanding.