About the Qualification
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is a highly regarded nationally recognised qualification. It is designed for people in a teaching role, or individuals who can gain 30 hours post 16 sector teaching experience. It is designed for individuals from Work-based learning organisations and colleges, that are looking to further improve their teaching skills, and progress along the pathway to full post 16 sector teacher status. This includes individuals looking to change from an Assessor to a teaching/training role, and individuals that are newly employed in the post-16 teaching sector, having changed careers.
We have developed a unique way of delivering this qualification, a way that makes learning very accessible. This is achieved through highly Interactive ‘Virtual Classroom’ learning sessions. We call the sessions ‘Virtual Classroom’ because you learn in an internet classroom with the tutor and other learners. This method has all the advantages of good face-to-face teaching and training, without the inconvenience of travel. To ensure high levels of support for individuals extensive use is made of on-line ‘tutorial’ activities.
Please call us to talk about your particular requirements.
Dates to be announced shortly.
How Do I Achieve the Qualification?
- Attend 28 two hour virtual classroom sessions spread over 9 months. (*)
- Provide evidence of planning, delivering and evaluating 30 hours of post 16 sector teaching
- Complete an evidence portfolio. which demonstrates achievement of the qualification assessment criteria for the Mandatory & Option Units. [See below]
- Complete 3 one hour observed teaching sessions, one of which must demonstrate some characteristics of good learning delivery.
(*) In-house programmes can be delivered in a shorter period. (See in house programmes for more information below).
What Will I Learn?
The key areas of learning include covered by the units are:
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships.
- Planning to meet the needs of learners.
- Delivering education and training.
- Assessing learners.
- Using resources.
- Teaching in a specialist area.
APL and Fees
What if I Already Have the Level 3 Award in Education & Training
If you already hold this qualification you will be able to apply for accreditation of prior learning. This means that you will not have to complete mandatory unit 1 in this qualification.
Course Fee £1,100
Registration and certification fees £
Assessment & Commitment
There are no exams. You must produce an evidence portfolio which demonstrates achievement of the qualification assessment criteria. Your evidence will include session plans, schemes of work, and a reflective learning journal all of which is linked to the work you do as a teacher/trainer. You will also submit written assignments and or presentations to demonstrate your understanding of theoretical aspects of the course.
It is very important that you are prepared to put the time inside to complete the virtual classroom sessions and the other work necessary to successfully achieve the qualification.
Specific Requirements & Progression
- Observations – you must be able to arrange observations by appropriately qualified and or experienced individuals. You will need to provide evidence that individuals concerned do meet the required standard.
- ICT – in order to participate in the virtual classroom sessions you need to have a robust internet connection. You will also require a headset with a microphone. We will be happy to provide guidance and information about these requirements.
Upon successful completion, you may wish to progress to the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
In-House Bespoke Courses
The course can be delivered as an in-house programme in a variety of modes to meet an organisation’s needs. It can, for example, be delivered:
- using a combination of traditional teaching sessions with virtual classroom sessions
- as a set of traditional face to face whole day sessions.
The time frames for the course can be determined to suit the needs of the organisation.